Natural Antibiotic, Fights Blood Clots, Prevents Cancer, Boosts Immunity
Garlic supplements have gone by many names like the stinking rose and Russian Penicillin, to name just a few. It has been used for more than 4000 years as an herbal medication. It is a natural Antibiotic and proved its worth during World War II when Penicillin was in short supply. It was used to fight the infections of wounded soldiers on the battlefield. Garlic is also a valuable tool in the fight against heart disease and blood clots which can cause heart attack and stroke.
Since it has been around for such a long time, a lot of research has been done on this very popular herb. The following are some of the results of that research.
1. Garlic has the unique ability to reduce the growth of Prostate Cancer cells.
2. Aged garlic (not fresh) reduces the body’s production of Prostate-Specific Antigen (PSA) which can cause prostate cancer cells to grow.
3. Studies have shown that people who eat a lot of garlic have fewer colon and stomach cancers.
4. Garlic has been proven to boost immunity and reduce high blood sugar levels.
5. It relieves Asthma symptoms, keeping individual cells healthy and strong.
6. It contains numerous Sulfur compounds which help blood circulation thus preventing platelets from sticking together to form clots.
7. Fresh organic or supplemental Garlic can prevent Cancer.
8. Garlic contains compounds that assist in preventing Nitrites from forming. Nitrites are a common substance found in foods like bacon and other cured meats. Nitrites transform into Nitrosamines which are harmful compounds that can trigger Cancerous metabolic changes in our body’s cells.
If you are a proponent of herbal health, it would make good sense to add this versatile herb to your repertoire.